Chief Executive Officer
The Oxford Dictionary defines unique as “being the only one of its kind.” I’m not saying there is not another firm like The Bottoms Group any place else on the planet, but I am saying that we are not aware of another firm like ours, with the attributes that we have.
We possess characteristics that are noteworthy:
- We are a multigenerational 100% family-owned business that has operated debt free for over 40 years.
- We have deep specialties in two complementary areas:
1. Employee and Executive Benefits
2. Estate and Business Succession Planning focused upon Life, Disability, and Long-Term Care insurance.
- By virtue of our scale and long-term relationships in our industry and national client footprint, TBG has access to the back-office resources of both NFP Benefits and Lion Street. These relationships allow TBG to provide our clients with optimal insurance carrier underwriting and pricing, cutting edge technology, a depth of intellectual capital and more.
- For example, NFP’s status as the fifth largest global benefits broker and Lion Street’s status as the nation’s leading life insurance-oriented estate and business succession planning firm results in our clients getting the best of both worlds: industry-leading resource depth paired with an unmatched level of personalized, responsive service.
- We have a diverse client mix including families, individuals, and businesses.
- We serve businesses ranging from small closely held to some of the largest employers in the nation. Our business clients include publicly traded companies, multigenerational family businesses, a range of professional service firms, large healthcare organizations, complex governmental entities, a breath of educational institutions, and local nonprofits.
- We serve families categorized as ultra-high net worth while still being passionate about helping young families just getting started, and others in between. Included are retirees, owners of closely held businesses, entrepreneurs, executives, professionals and more.
- We have never wavered from our original mission of helping others and, to that end, we never outsource client facing service areas. For example, our in-house HelpDesk Team expertly helps clients navigate the complexity of service issues as they arise. Our entire team is long tenured and steady.
- We are relationship oriented and an industry outlier, in that, we do not utilize a prospect list or actively even try to “sell” insurance. Our new clients come from existing relationships, or referrals from professional advisors and present clients.
As a result of your continued loyalty and the referrals you provide, the number of our relationships continue to grow. For that, we are grateful.