Gary Bottoms is President of The Bottoms Group, LLC and a Principal of TBX Benefit Partners, a subsidiary of The Bottoms Group focused exclusively on the unique employee benefit needs of employers with more than 5,000 employees.
He is a graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology. He also holds the Chartered Life Underwriter designation and the Chartered Financial Consultant designation from the American College.
- A past president of the Atlanta Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors. From this organization, he received the Harry I. Davis Award which is given to one member annually who represents the highest ideals and principles of the financial services profession. Gary is one of only 40 other Atlanta professionals who have achieved this distinction over the years.
- A member of the Association for Advanced Life Underwriting, which is an invitation only organization, composed of professionals serving the high-end marketplace. For this group, he serves as a key liaison with two members of the United States Senate.
- A past board member of the Atlanta Estate Planning Council and past president of the North Georgia Estate Planning Council.
- Author of “Getting It Right”, a book about estate planning, life and relationships.
- Gary is currently the 2017 Chairman of the Cobb Chamber of Commerce.
- Gary has served as the Chairman of Cobb Community Foundation, The Cobb Schools Foundation, the WellStar Foundation, The Center for Family Resources and President of the Rotary Club of Marietta.
- Gary is a member of the 2017 Board of Directors for the Cobb Competitive Edge. He is a former member of the Board of Trustees for the Cobb County Government Employees Pension Plan. Gary is also a former member of the Board of Trustees of the Georgia Tech Alumni Association and a recipient of the Volunteer of the Year Award.
- He has been involved in numerous other civic, church and community endeavors and was selected to be the 2012 Marietta Citizen of the Year.
Gary and his wife, Melissa, are graduates of Leadership Georgia. They have been married for 41 years and have three adult children and three grandchildren. They attend City Church Marietta.
David Bottoms is Senior Vice President of Benefits at The Bottoms Group and a Principal of TBX Benefit Partners, a subsidiary of The Bottoms Group focused exclusively on the unique employee benefit needs of employers with more than 5,000 employees.
David works extensively with employers relating to the structure, funding and communication of their employee benefit plans. In particular, David is an expert on Health Care Reform and provides guidance to clients regarding how the Affordable Care Act will impact their businesses.
David is regularly cited as an expert by local and regional publications on Health Care Reform and he speaks frequently to business organizations, Chambers of Commerce and industry groups related to employee benefit strategy.
David and his wife, Brittney, have been married for 16 years and reside in Marietta with their son, Drew, and daughter, Eliza Grace. They attend the Church of the Apostles in Atlanta, GA.
Community and Professional Involvement
- Chair – Georgia Tech Alumni Association
- Board Member – Scheller College of Business, Georgia Tech
- National Advisory Board Member – NFP BenefitsPartners
- Director, Cobb Chamber of Commerce
- Broker Advisory Board Member – Piedmont WellStar HealthPlans
- Board Member, WellStar Foundation
- Advisory Board Member – Strand Theatre
- Past Board Chairman – Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb
- Past Board Member – Georgia Tech Alumni Association
- Past-President – 1st and 10 Board – Georgia Tech Athletic Association
- Past-Chair – Young Alumni Council – Georgia Tech Alumni Association
- Past Board Member – The Center for Family Resources
- Past Board Member – Tommy Nobis Center
- Past Board Member – SafePath Child Advocacy Center
- Past Board Member – Marietta Rotary Club
- Past-President – Georgia Tech Club of Marietta/Cobb County
- Leadership Georgia, Class of 2013
- Leadership Cobb, Class of 2006
- Honorary Commanders, Class of 2007
- Georgia Tech Alumni Association’s Outstanding Young Alumnus Award Recipient – 2014
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Registered Health Underwriter (RHU)
- Registered Employee Benefit Consultant (REBC)
Laura is Vice President, Insurance Services of The Bottoms Group. She attended Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama. During her time at Auburn, she was involved in many campus activities, honor societies, and served on the Executive Council of her social sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha. Laura graduated with Honors in May 2010 with a Bachelors in Apparel Merchandising and a Minor in Business.
Laura joined The Bottoms Group after gaining experience in group ancillary benefits at Lincoln Financial Group’s Atlanta Sales office as a Sales Specialist. At The Bottoms Group, Laura manages and directs all aspects of the individual insurance business. She also is the Property & Casualty liaison between NFP P&C and clients interested in Property & Casualty insurance.
Laura is the 2017 Vice Chair for the Marietta Area Council on the Cobb Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors as well as a member of Cobb Executive Women. Laura has served as Vice President of Administration for the Board of Directors of Junior League of Cobb/Marietta. She also had the honor of participating as a Cobb Young Professional’s “Next Generation” Mentee. Laura was in the 2015 Leadership Cobb class with the Cobb County Chamber of Commerce. She is active within the Leadership Cobb Alumni Association. She is currently founding Zion Baptist Academy’s Parent Teacher Fellowship and looks forward to being a 2018 new member on Cobb Landmarks Historical Society’s Board. She is a member of the Kiwanis Club of Marietta and serves on the Young Children Priority One Committee.
Laura and her husband, Bryan, have been married for six years and they currently reside in Marietta with their daughter, Mary Evelyn. They attend City Church Marietta where they regularly volunteer in the preschool/nursery environment, CityTots.